Friday, October 29, 2010

Transcript from Interview with Charles Kirk Now Available

The complete transcript of my interview yesterday afternoon with Charles Kirk of The Kirk Report is now available for viewing here. We covered a great deal of ground in an hour (for better or for worse, I can type faster than I can think) and our conversation and reader questions spanned topics such as:

  • my trading history prior to becoming a full-time trader in 2005
  • some of my best and worst trades (I forgot to answer the part about lessons learned, but I will flesh that out on the blog)
  • some of the factors that have contributed to my development as a trader
  • how I approach trading now
  • the role of volatility in my trading
  • the value of combining volatility and volume
  • some thoughts on how a beginning trader might want to make use of the VIX
  • the value of VXX as a portfolio hedge
  • what my proprietary market sentiment indicator (AMSI) is predicting right now
  • some of my favorite options resources
  • three “must read” posts on the blog, as well as my personal favorite
Thanks to all who participated. Some of the questions have given me ideas about subjects for future posts.

Finally, thanks to Charles Kirk for including me in his interview series. Charles is an invaluable trading resource for all of us, as well as an excellent interviewer.

Related posts:
Disclosure(s): short VXX at time of writing

blog comments powered by Disqus
DISCLAIMER: "VIX®" is a trademark of Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated. Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated is not affiliated with this website or this website's owner's or operators. CBOE assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness or any other aspect of any content posted on this website by its operator or any third party. All content on this site is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended as advice to buy or sell any securities. Stocks are difficult to trade; options are even harder. When it comes to VIX derivatives, don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because you can ride a horse, you can ride an alligator. Please do your own homework and accept full responsibility for any investment decisions you make. No content on this site can be used for commercial purposes without the prior written permission of the author. Copyright © 2007-2023 Bill Luby. All rights reserved.
 
Web Analytics